Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sixty-Five and Counting

Sixty-five days to go! Some exciting things have been happening lately. First we finally chose a ceremony officiant that was recommended to us by our caterer. His name is Captain Ron Gonzales (you can find his contact info here if you scroll down to Wedding Officiants), we met with him last week and he is going to be a perfect fit for us. We had put off finding an officiant for a long time because we were so unsure of how to go about mixing our beliefs, but I feel so much better about it now. 
Earlier this week we also finally went to have our wedding rings made! This was another thing that we put off for ages because we had no idea what we wanted. I knew that I wanted to keep with the theme of my engagement ring and have something old, preferably from one of our families. It was just a matter of finding the perfect bits and pieces to make up the perfect rings. Justin's ring is going to be one of his dad's old wedding bands that no longer fits. We're just going to have it fitted and polished, and then of course have something special engraved on the inside. 


As for my ring, it's going to made up of three things that are being melted down and combined. The first ring once belonged to Justin's dad's grandmother and was her high school ring from 1927. Her name was Willa Theadosha, how cool is that?!

The second ring belonged to Justin's grandmother (maternal) and is a gorgeous gold initial signet ring.

And now for the best part, the third and final component....





My dad's old gold tooth! So I know most people are probably thinking "Okay, well, that's weird." But it's perfect! I wanted to have a piece from my family included in the ring and we didn't really have any old rings that worked until my dad suggested his old gold tooth. I love it. It makes me laugh every time. And when I have that ring on my finger I will always have a perfect reminder of my family (and my dad's old gold tooth). Perfection.

Last bit of news, we picked up the invitations yesterday from Paper in the Park! They look SO good! Everyone at Paper in the Park did such an amazing job and were so helpful and fantastic to work with. They really were invaluable in helping to make my vision come alive. I started addressing them asap when I got home yesterday, we're a month behind getting them in the mail!
Here's a few sneak peeks at the invites:

Everything came wrapped up in this beautiful box!






xoxo,


Caitlin


No comments:

Post a Comment